GenoPro Home
GenoPro Home  |  Get Started With My Genealogy Tree  |  Buy  |  Login  |  Privacy  |  Search  |  Site Map
 

GenoPro Support Forum




I always get two versions of my tree published, only one of which is...

Click to view RSS...
Author
Posted Tuesday, February 2, 2021 - Post #41133
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Customers
FamilyTrees.GenoPro.com
GenoPro version: 3.1.0.1

Last Login: Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Posts: 2, Visits: 22
Hi,

I'm having a very odd problem. When I publish my tree I always get the version I've actually been working on at 
https://familytrees.genopro.com/locks/ 
but automatically I also get an old version created at
https://familytrees.genopro.com/Locks/
Notice the only difference is the capitalisation in the surname in the URL.

I've tried deleting the tree in my account and even though only one tree is shown there, they both get deleted when I delete the tree from my account page.
Then when I upload the tree again both get recreated with the same scenario - the up to date tree at
https://familytrees.genopro.com/locks/ 
and automatically I also get the old version recreated at
https://familytrees.genopro.com/Locks/

I have checked that I only have one web publishing destination selected. There is only one which is the capitalised one, but curiously it is the lower case one which gets updated and the capitalised one always just repopulates with an old version.

What I really want is for the capitalised one to be updated and the lower case one to disappear, because for years it was the capitalised one I used and that is the one that comes up in a google search and the one my family have bookmarked.

This problem started when I upgraded GenoPro to the latest version in late 2020, just in case that might be a factor in this.

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks

Steve Locks

Edited: Tuesday, February 2, 2021 by Locks
Posted Wednesday, February 3, 2021 - Post #41134
Legendary Master

Legendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary Master

Administrators
Customers
Important Contributors
FamilyTrees.GenoPro.com
GenoPro version: 3.1.0.1

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:04 PM
Posts: 3,105, Visits: 22,557
I doubt whether there is actually two distinct version of your report.  Whilst URLs are normally case sensitive, it would appear that the GenoPro server accepts any case and presumably internally converts to lower case.

May be the 'old' version is actually being cached by your browser?   

all these links work

https://familytrees.genopro.com/LoCKS/

https://familytrees.genopro.com/LOCKS/DEFAULT.HTM

https://familytrees.genopro.com/lOcKs/DeFaUlT.hTm

but the browser retains the name as typed.


'lego audio video erro ergo disco' or "I read, I listen, I watch, I make mistakes, therefore I learn"
Posted Wednesday, February 3, 2021 - Post #41135
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Customers
FamilyTrees.GenoPro.com
GenoPro version: 3.1.0.1

Last Login: Wednesday, August 18, 2021
Posts: 2, Visits: 22
Ah, you're right - thanks very much. I cleared out my cache and the old site disappeared.
I had thought previously that doing a page refresh would clear the problem, but it didn't, I had to clear cache.

It is still annoying (though I appreciate not the fault of Genopro) if that means others may also see the old site if they don't regularly clear cache?

Thanks again for your help, it is much appreciated!
Posted Thursday, February 4, 2021 - Post #41136
Legendary Master

Legendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary Master

Administrators
Customers
Important Contributors
FamilyTrees.GenoPro.com
GenoPro version: 3.1.0.1

Last Login: Yesterday @ 9:04 PM
Posts: 3,105, Visits: 22,557
There have been quite a few reports on this forum over the years that resolved into caching issues.   I'll look at adding a meta tag into the head sections of the pages to set a maximum cache age of say 1 hour  i.e.

<meta http-equiv="max-age" content="3600"/>


'lego audio video erro ergo disco' or "I read, I listen, I watch, I make mistakes, therefore I learn"


Similar Topics

Click to view RSS...
Expand / Collapse

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse