GenoPro Home
GenoPro Home  |  Get Started With My Genealogy Tree  |  Buy  |  Login  |  Privacy  |  Search  |  Site Map
 

GenoPro Support Forum




Error opening genogram file - help!!!

Click to view RSS...
Author
Posted Tuesday, August 19, 2014 - Post #33816
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

GenoPro version: 2.5.4.1
Last Login: Wednesday, August 20, 2014
Posts: 1, Visits: 13
Hi there

I'm trying to open an existing GenoPro file but am receiving the following message:

"Cannot import text file because its format is unknown to GenoPro.  Please supply a valid XML or Gedcom file."

I have been working in this document and opening it no problem for days.  I am devastated because it was almost finished, and is due for submission in the next few days.

Is there any chance the file can be recovered?
Posted Sunday, September 7, 2014 - Post #33876
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Customers
GenoPro version: 3.1.0.1

Last Login: Monday, February 26, 2024
Posts: 8, Visits: 44
Hello
I have exactly the same problem, have you found any solution ?
Please let me know
Thanks
APB
Posted Monday, September 8, 2014 - Post #33879
Forum Master

Forum MasterForum MasterForum MasterForum MasterForum MasterForum MasterForum MasterForum MasterForum Master

Gamma
Moderators
Administrators
FamilyTrees.GenoPro.com
Customers
GenoPro version: 3.1.0.0

Last Login: Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Posts: 952, Visits: 10,075
Are you sure it's a GenoPro file? They end up with .gno and have the GenoPro icon normally.
Posted Thursday, May 26, 2016 - Post #37089
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Gamma
GenoPro version: 3.0.0.7

Last Login: Thursday, May 26, 2016
Posts: 1, Visits: 3
I have the same problem here. Please let me know if you find solution. Please help i need the project tomorrow.
Posted Friday, May 27, 2016 - Post #37098
Legendary Master

Legendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary MasterLegendary Master

Administrators
Moderators
Customers
Gamma
FamilyTrees.GenoPro.com
Translator
GenoPro version: 3.1.0.1

Last Login: 2 days ago @ 7:01 AM
Posts: 4,870, Visits: 22,730
Feel free to send your .gno file to support at genopro dot com and we will investigate.  In 90% of the cases, the .gno file contains only zeroes (blank) which means the storage (typically a USB thumb drive, of flash card) got erased (typically from a magnectic device, or went to the laundry).  The remaining 10% of the cases is the .gno file is from another genealogy software from Germany.
Posted Monday, March 6, 2023 - Post #42890
Forum Newbie

Forum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum NewbieForum Newbie

Gamma
Customers
GenoPro version: 3.1.0.1

Last Login: Thursday, June 29, 2023
Posts: 4, Visits: 20
I'm having the same issue here too, i tried older version of Geno Pro (2016) but it didn't work out either, I'm trying to send the file to support to investigate but i cannot even open it in order to be sent out, i don't think the file is empty since i can see the size file 10 KB from windows explorer, i recently created another family tree with just a few members and the size is 2 KB so i think this one still contains some data, just may be corrupted somehow, isn't there some other way to send it to support for investigation without actually having to open the file itself?

Edited: Monday, March 6, 2023 by anas_hafez


Similar Topics

Click to view RSS...
Expand / Collapse

Reading This Topic

Expand / Collapse